Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of mark Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Options and routine maintenance
+ Рядный the six-cylinder engine
+ Engine V8
- Procedure of the general and engine major repairs
The general information
Engine major repairs - the general information
Check компрессионного pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gauge
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary safety measures
Removal and engine installation
Variants of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assemblage of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblages
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblages
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition radical and шатунных bearings
Assembly order of the engine after end of its major repairs
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of backlashes of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblages and check of backlashes in шатунных bearings
The first start of the engine after major repairs
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ The power supply system and release of the fulfilled gases
+ System of an electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of a gear change
+ Automatic transmission
+ Distributing box
+ Coupling and трансмиссионная a line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of an onboard electric equipment
+ Controls and operation receptions
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
- Wash out a cranked shaft in solvent and dry its compressed air (if there is an access to its source). Clean a special rigid brush (ершиком) all oil apertures. Also wash out their stream of solvent.
- Check up necks radical and шатунных bearings on presence of signs of non-uniform deterioration, cavities and cracks.
- Spend with pressing some times on each of necks an edge of a copper coin. If on a surface of necks there are copper strips it is rough and the shaft should be given in проточку.
- Remove agnails from edges of oil apertures of a cranked shaft by means of a grinding stone, надфиля or development.
- Check up all other surface of a shaft on presence of cracks and other damages. For revealing of the latent cracks the shaft should be subjected to special check that is a prerogative of experts of car-care centre.
- By means of a micrometer measure diameters radical and шатунных necks of a shaft and compare results to requirements of Specifications. Measurement of diameter of a neck in several points on perimetre of its forming surface will allow to reveal ovality of a neck. Measurement of diameter from the different ends of a neck closely to cheeks of cranks allows to define конусность necks.
- Measure diameter of each of necks of a cranked shaft in several points for definition of degrees of ovality and конусности necks.
- If necks of a cranked shaft are damaged or have leaving for admissible limits under Specifications конусность and ovality, a shaft should be given for проточки to a car-care centre workshop. After проточки in the engine loose leaves of bearings of the corresponding repair sizes should be established.
- Check up face necks (pin) of a shaft on which epiploons are put on presence of signs of deterioration and damages. If in necks there are flutes developed by epiploons or their surfaces have teases, agnails and scratches, it will result (in a case if corresponding measures on elimination of defects) to an exit of new epiploons out of operation in the near future after the beginning of operation of the restored engine are not taken. It is necessary to give a shaft to a workshop for repair by a way напрессовки on its pins of thin plugs. In a case if repair should is not obviously possible to be replaced a shaft.
- Check up a condition of loose leaves radical and шатунных bearings (Section Check of a condition radical and шатунных bearings).