Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Cars of mark Jeep Grand Cherokee
+ Options and routine maintenance
+ Рядный the six-cylinder engine
+ Engine V8
- Procedure of the general and engine major repairs
The general information
Engine major repairs - the general information
Check компрессионного pressure in cylinders
The diagnostic checks made by means of the vacuum gauge
Methods of removal of the engine and necessary safety measures
Removal and engine installation
Variants of restoration of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assemblage of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblages
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblages
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition radical and шатунных bearings
Assembly order of the engine after end of its major repairs
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of backlashes of radical bearings
Installation of piston rings
Installation of shatunno-piston assemblages and check of backlashes in шатунных bearings
The first start of the engine after major repairs
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioning
+ The power supply system and release of the fulfilled gases
+ System of an electric equipment of the engine
+ Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management
+ Manual box of a gear change
+ Automatic transmission
+ Distributing box
+ Coupling and трансмиссионная a line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ System of an onboard electric equipment
+ Controls and operation receptions
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblages
- Поскоблив the top part of mirrors of cylinders a nail, whether try to establish there is a step deterioration of cylinders in areas of the top border of a course of piston rings (approximately in 6.4 mm from a cylinder upper edge). If as a result нагарообразования or deterioration in the top part of cylinders steps are formed, they should be completely removed by means of a special vertical drill. Follow instructions of manufacturers of the tool. The neglect this requirement is fraught with damage of pistons in the course of removal of shatunno-piston assemblages.
- For removal of step deterioration in the top part of cylinders use of a special vertical drill is required - the given procedure should be made before extraction of pistons!
- After removal of step deterioration in the top part of cylinders turn the engine upside down so that the cranked shaft has appeared it is turned upwards.
- Before rods will be removed, define their size axial люфта with the help probeа лезвийного type. Enter edges probeа between the bottom head of the first rod and a cheek of a crank before full elimination люфта. The total thickness of the edges entered into a backlash will be size of an axial backlash. If the size люфта exceeds admissible value, it is necessary to make replacement of rods. At replacement of rods or a cranked shaft the size axial люфта rods can fall below an admissible limit, in this case rods should be subjected machining - consult with experts of a workshop of car-care centre. Repeat check for each of rods.
- Measure a lateral backlash (axial люфт) rods with the help probeа лезвийного type.
- Check up rods and covers of their bottom heads (шатунных bearings) on presence of identification labels. In case of absence of those put them independently by means of small кернера (the quantity of labels should correspond to a cylinder serial number).
- On a half-turn for one approach, ослабьте nuts of covers of the bottom heads of rods until there will be an untwisting possibility their hands. Uncover the first rod together with the bearing loose leaf. Try not to drop the loose leaf from a cover.
- Pull on bolts of fastening of a cover on a rod pieces of a rubber hose for protection of a neck of a cranked shaft and a mirror of the cylinder against damage by bolts in the course of assemblage extraction.
- Take the loose leaf of the bearing from the bottom head of a rod and push out shatunno-piston assemblage at the top the cylinder from the engine. For assemblage pushing through through the cylinder rest against bearing bed in a head of a rod the wooden handle of a hammer. At occurrence of sensation of the slightest resistance immediately stop assemblage pushing through in the cylinder and make sure that step deterioration in its top part is completely removed.
- Repeat procedure for the remained assemblages.
- After extraction of assemblages from the engine establish loose leaves and covers шатунных bearings on the places (preliminary having removed protective hoses from bolts) and by hand tighten fixing nuts. Оставление old loose leaves in heads of rods before installation of assemblages into place will help to prevent casual damage of their working surfaces.
- Do not separate pistons from rods (fuller information Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblages see in Section).